
When i first read the news in the morning papers, I was shell shocked. Our beloved DJ couldn't have died in a car crash - or could he? I was really worried the whole morning and a little depressed. I remembered all of his foot-tapping, groovy trance music numbers and I couldn't bear to imagine what it would be like to no more have Tiesto play his awe-inspiring music.
But as it turns out, DJ Tijs Michiel Verwest, popularly known as Tiesto, is very much alive and breathing. The God of Trance posted on his blog, "It's nice to read that people care about my life." He added, "Its good to be alive and to get so much love from you." Rubbishing reports of his untimely death, he wrote, "I don't know where these stories come from, but I'm very much alive and well and looking forward to the rest of my tour." This crowd puller draws so many audiophiles that it is almost insane. Seeing is believing...
His style of music is simply amazing, or simply crap - from person to person. I, for one, root for him and i sincerely follow him. One can find me plugged into one of his songs like Break my Fall, Adagio for Strings, Suburban Train et al. He has also had the honour to play at the opening ceremony of the 2004 Olympic games. The Dutch Trance-maestro has 4 albums to his name, the most recent being Kaleidoscope.
For some sensational music, grab an album and tune in. You'll either love him or you'll love him! Tiesto for life!
PS: The humourous part is that DJ Tiesto's name actually means 'flowerpot' in Spanish! Go figure...


No comments:
Post a Comment